Welcome to the LUSD AVID website! AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination and is a college readiness system offered at 25 Elementary Schools, 6 Middle Schools and 5 High Schools in the district.
AVID’s systemic approach is designed to support students, families and educators as they increase
school wide/district wide learning and performance.
AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for
college readiness and success in a global society.
AVID ensures that ALL students, and most especially the least served students who are in the middle:
- will succeed in rigorous curriculum;
- will complete a rigorous college preparatory path;
- will enter mainstream activities of the school;
- will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges; and
- will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID Instructional Coach