If you are interested in becoming a Tutor for one of our school sites, please download the AVID Tutor Job Description and LUSD Classified Staff Application. The Classified Application must be returned to the LUSD Personnel office.
1. Take an active role in developing the academic and personal strengths of AVID students.
2. Assist the students in the successful completion of college eligibility requirements.
3. Provide academic support for students in rigorous courses.
4. Encourage the students to enroll in a four-year college or university after high school graduation.
5. Serve as a role model/mentor to AVID students.