Welcome to the LUSD AVID website! AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination and is a college readiness system offered at twenty-five Elementary Schools, six Middle Schools and five High Schools in our district.
AVID teachers are inherently passionate about education. AVID helps teachers shift from delivering content to facilitating learning, resulting in an inquiry-based, student-centric classroom. These elements are at the core of our approach to closing the opportunity gap.
- Teacher Effectivness
- Student Learning
AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
AVID ensures that all students, and most especially the least served students who are in the middle:
- will succeed in rigorous curriculum;
- will complete a rigorous college preparatory path;
- will enter mainstream activities of the school;
- will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges; and
- will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID Instructional Coach