|Welcome to the LUSD AVID website! AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination and is a college readiness system offered at 25 Elementary Schools, 6 Middle Schools and 5 High Schools in our district.|
AVID Teachers are inherently passionate about education. AVID helps teachers shift from delivering content to facilitating learning, resulting in an inquiry-based, student-centric classroom. These elements are at the core of our approach to closing the opportunity gap.
- Teacher Effectivness
- Student Learning
AVID’s mission is to close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
AVID ensures that ALL students, and most especially the least served students who are in the middle:
- will succeed in rigorous curriculum;
- will complete a rigorous college preparatory path;
- will enter mainstream activities of the school;
- will increase their enrollment in four-year colleges; and
- will become educated and responsible participants and leaders in a democratic society.
AVID Instructional Coach