- Energy Management
- Hazardous Materials Management
- Indoor Air Quality Management
- Integrated Pest Management
In an effort to promote energy conservation and reduce our energy budget we are kindly asking all building occupants to follow this checklist prior to leaving school for all school breaks.
We sincerely appreciate your help in this effort to reduce energy consumption and to save vital resources.
In an effort to promote energy conservation and reduce our energy budget LUSD is asking all teachers to follow this checklist prior to leaving school for all school breaks.
- Make sure all classroom lighting is turned off
- Unplug all appliances (mini-refrigerators, microwaves, battery chargers and radios) that are not required for critical health and safety concerns during the break. Please make sure to defrost and clean out refrigerators several days before leaving. Also, please address any moisture concerns related to the defrosting process before you leave the room.
- Ensure that the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system is not running (if controlled locally).
- If air conditioning temperature is controlled by staff members please set heating to 55° and cooling to 90°
- If you observe any HVAC system running during non-occupied times, please immediately report that energy concern to Maintenance and Operations at telephone number 331-7193.
- Please note that HVAC services will be suspended during the break period unless formal request for operation have been approved prior to the break.
We appreciate your help in this effort to reduce unnecessary utility cost during this school break. In the weeks following our break we will report back with how much was saved through your efforts.
- E-Waste Recycling
- Hazardous Waste Removal Request Form
- California Environmental Reporting System (CERS)
LUSD Warehouse is now set up to handle electronic waste recycling. Acceptable items are:
- Computer Monitors
- Cell Phones
- Computer Towers
- Keyboards / Mouse
- Digital Cameras
- Tape Recorders
- Plasma Screens
- Stereo Systems
- Plasma TV
- Record Players
- LCD Screens
- Regular Radios
- Clock Radios
- Two Way Radios
- Copy Machines
- Overhead Projectors
- FAX Machines
- LCD Projectors
Work with your site administrator to fill out the required “Obsolete Equipment Removal Form” on the district Citrix system. It must be filled out completely and submitted via Citrix. Once the form has been submitted the process starts for pick up and proper disposal of your site’s obsolete electronic equipment by the LUSD Warehouse.
CERS is a statewide, web‐based reporting system for Hazardous Wastes. This enables school districts, businesses and agencies to electronically report, collect and manage hazardous materials and related data as mandated by the California Health & Safety Code.
Items to report:
- All hazardous materials
- Business plans
- Chemical inventories
- Site maps
- Underground and above ground tank data
- Hazardous waste related data
Lodi Unified Sites with Hazardous Wastes:
- Bear Creek High
- Lodi High
- Maintenance & Operations
- McNair High
- Tokay High
- Tokay Colony