1:1 Home to School Connection Initiative
The 1:1 (One to One) Home to School Connection initiative supports student access to digital resources both at school and home via a device checkout program. Students from 1st-12th grade at all school sites will be checking out Chromebooks to students, just as textbooks are check out or issued to students.
The Superintendent's Technology Advisory Committee recognizes that the world around our students is ever-changing and understand the increasing importance of preparing our students to succeed in a technologically advancing society.
Our goal is to provide our students with a digitally incorporated learning environment that extends beyond the traditional walls of a classroom and to:
- Provide students with opportunities to access digital resources at any time.
- Allow students to communicate with peers, teachers, and appropriate resources beyond the classroom in support of learning.
- Encourage and empower students to share, collaborate, create, to think and solve problems, and become self-directed.
- Promote proficient and safe use of information, media, and technology.
- Provide access to the most recent and relevant information.
The benefits of the 1:1 Home to School Connection Initiative are substantial for both students and teachers. Benefits of this initiative include:
- Students gain interest and motivation to participate and build a sense of responsibility, organization, and ownership in their learning.
- Students learn concepts to interact collaboratively with their fellow students.
- Schools are a part of a paperless environment that saves on copious quantities of paper.
- Students can easily access digital documents and resources.
- Teacher organize documents and assignments to one location.
- Both students and teachers acquire considerable access to the most recent and relevant information.
- Students interact in an environment that differentiates in a way that cannot be done with a book, a pencil, and paper.
- Students are exposed to a wide range of technological skills that will be needed in their educational career and their future successes.