Chromebook Care Plan
The Chromebook Care Plan is available as an optional coverage to protect Lodi USD Families from accumulating financial responsibilities due to accidental damage or theft (see definitions below) of school-issued Chromebooks.
- Care Plan Duration
- Deductibles (per duration)
- Parent Duties in the event of loss or damage
- Fraud, Concealment, and Misrepresentation
- Settlement Options
- Detail of Coverage
- Detail of Exclusions of Coverage
- Policy portability
- Unauthorized Device Modification
- Hacking of Devices
- 2019-20 Repair Costs*
- Coverage begins the first day of a given school year to the beginning of the following school year based on the board adopted school year calendar. For graduating seniors and non-returning students, the coverage duration ends on the last day of school.
- Coverage plans purchased at any time between those dates will terminated at the beginning of the next school year based on the board adopted school year calendar.
- Students who are issued devices at the beginning of the regular school year may obtain coverage until the end of the 3rd week of school based on the board adopted calendar without having the device inspected. To obtain coverage after this period requires the device and charger to be inspected by site designated staff or a LUSD Technology Department staff member. If devices are not issued during the first 2 weeks of school, the grace period may be extended at the discretion of the site administration for up to 3 weeks after device distribution.
- First covered repair or incident - $0 deductible
- Second covered repair or incident - $10 deductible
- Third covered repair or incident - $20 deductible
- Fourth covered repair or incident - $30 deductible
- After 4 repairs or replacements the policy is void for the remainder of the duration and parent/guardian is responsible for all damage to the device.
- Students who file no claims during the duration and maintain their device in good condition (fully functional and no significant cosmetic damage; as determined by site staff) will receive a $5 discount on the second duration of coverage and each subsequent year up to 4 years.
- Discounts only apply to students who have purchased coverage during the previous duration(s).
- Lodi USD will pay for the cost of repair of the insured device to include parts and labor. If the device cannot be repaired, an equivalent replacement of Lodi USD's choosing will be provided. If a replacement device is provided, this coverage will transfer to the replacement device for the duration of the policy. While a student's device is being repaired, the student may be issued a loaner device by the school of attendance. The policy will cover the loaner device until the student's original device is returned or a permanent replacement device is issued.
- If a student transfers to another 1:1 Home to School school site within Lodi USD during the policy duration, the coverage will transfer to the new site and remain in effect until the end of the duration.
- If a student transfers to a school site not currently participating in the 1:1 Home to School Connection Initiative, the coverage will not transfer to the new school and the device must be returned to the original site. However, if the student transfers back to a 1:1 Home to School site before the end of the duration, the coverage will remain in effect until the end of the duration.
- If a student transfers to a site outside of Lodi USD, the coverage does not transfer to the new district or school and the device must be returned to the original site. However, if the student transfers back to a 1:1 Home to School site within Lodi USD before the end of the duration, the coverage will remain in effect until the end of the duration.
- District/Destiny barcodes are not to be removed. These barcodes must be visible at all times. If barcodes are missing, the student must deliver the device to the school site designated staff to rectify the issue. If school staff identifies a device missing barcodes and the student as not reported it, the site staff will need to address the issue. Personal markings and/or defacing a district device of any kind is prohibited. The device covers on the other hand can contain stickers and/or drawings within acceptability of the school district policy.
- Tampering/hacking of any district device is prohibited by student or parent. Performing this action may result in loss of stored work and/or device functionality. If device does not function, student must return device to the designated school staff where an incident report will be created an a loaner may be issued. Use of district device to attack other systems is prohibited. The source of the intrusion will be disabled. The student must return the device to the designated school staff, where a report will be created and a loaner device may be issued.
|Keyboard Repair or Keyboard/Trackpad Replacement||$50|
|Casing/Housing Replacement (top section only)||$50|
|Gumdrop Protective Case||$20|
|Power Adapter Replacement||$30|
|Chromebook Full Replacement||$210|
|Touch Chromebook Full Replacement (K-1)||$280|
*Prices are subject to change. Revised July 23, 2019.