New Student Registration

Kindergarten Students

Enrollment decisions should be made in the best educational interest of your child. In addition to your neighborhood school, the Lodi Unified School District offers a variety of programs that appeal to students’ interests and talents. If you are moving to the Lodi Unified School District and either have a child who will soon enter kindergarten or have children already in school, below is important information about registering your child for school. You may register your child for the current school year at any time after you have established residency within the district boundaries.  Enrollment packets are processed in the order in which they are received, which is especially important at over-crowded schools.  

Step 1: Determine your child’s educational needs and objectives and applicable enrollment requirements

What is your child’s age?

Additional Requirements

Step 2: Become familiar with your neighborhood boundary area. Use our Boundary Information page to identify your home school.

Step 3: Enroll your student either by using Aeries Online Enrollment or by visiting their neighborhood school, and providing the necessary registration materials.

You may register your child for the current school year at any time.  Each year, elementary registration begins in the first two weeks of February. 

Required registration materials:

Proof of age - Per EC 48002; the following documents are acceptable proof of age:

  • Certified copy of a birth record
  • Statement by the local registrar/county recorder certifying the date of birth
  • Baptism certificate duly attested
  • Passport
  • When none of the foregoing is obtainable, an affidavit of the parent, guardian, or custodian of the minor, or any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child

Proof of residence within the district*

 All students entering 7th grade will need to provide proof that they have received an adolescent pertussis (whooping cough) booster shot (Tdap) prior to starting school.

One of the following residence documents is required:

  • Rental/Lease agreement – current or recently signed in parent/guardian name.
  • Current PG&E or utility bill in the parent/guardian name
  • Property tax receipts for the current residence
  • Mortgage statements in parent/guardian name. If the home is under construction a title/deed or signed sales or purchase agreement in parent/guardian’s name will be accepted. 

Home Language Survey

California Education Code, Sections 313 and 60810 contain legal requirements which direct schools to determine the language(s) spoken in the home of each student. This survey must be obtained and filled out in-person at the prospective school site. Please see the following resources below for more information:


Enroll Online

Questions? Contact

Parents/guardians seeking more information about the registration process can call their nearest neighborhood school or the District: 

  • (209) 331-7005
  • (209) 331-7257