How to Register
If your child will turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020, you may register him/her for the 2020-2021 school year.
Transitional Kindergarten Registration
If your child will turn 5 years old on or between September 2, 2020 and December 2, 2020, you may register him/her for the 2020-2021 school year.
Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Registration begins the first two weeks of February
Please visit our School Site Locator on our website to determine your nearest neighborhood school.
Enrollment decisions should be made in the best educational interest of your child. In addition to your neighborhood school, the Lodi Unified School District offers a variety of programs that appeal to students’ interests and talents. If you are moving to the Lodi Unified School District and either have a child who will soon enter kindergarten or have children already in school, below is important information about registering your child for school. You may register your child for the current school year at any time after you have established residency within the district boundaries.
Step 1: Determine your child’s educational needs and objectives
What is your child’s age?
- Child is age 0 - 5 years old
- Child will turn 5 on or before September 1st
- Child will turn 5 years old between September 2nd and December 2nd
- Child is 6 years or older
The Lodi Unified School District’s Board of Education is committed to providing opportunities for pre-kindergarten education. Several programs help children from 3 – 5 years old prepare for kindergarten. The programs are funded through different sources and their requirements vary. The following programs are offered in the District:
Head Start Preschool is a free preschool program for children whose parents meet specific guidelines (209) 331-7252
State Preschool is free to families who meet state criteria and it is based on family size and gross monthly income. (209) 331-7252.
To find out more information or to register for any of these programs, please call the numbers listed.
If you live within the boundaries of Lodi Unified School District and your child will turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020, you may register him/her for the 2020-2021 school year the first two weeks of February.
If you live within the boundaries of Lodi Unified School District and your child will turn 5 years old on or between September 2 – December 2, you may register him/her for transitional kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year the first two weeks of February.
In Lodi Unified School District, schools are aligned by grade level uniformly.
Elementary Schools: Grades PreK – 6th
Middle School: Grades 7th – 8th
High School: 9th – 12th
Step 2: Become familiar with your neighborhood boundary area. Use our online school boundary locator to identify your home school.
Step 3: Pick up and complete a registration packet, review your registration checklist and submit registration materials to your nearest neighborhood school.
Registration packets are available at all LodiUSD schools. Your home school can provide you with a registration packet.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization record
- Proof of residence within the district*
- All students entering 7th grade will need to provide proof that they have received an adolescent pertussis (whooping cough) booster shot (Tdap) prior to starting school.
* Residence Documents Required for Initial Enrollment for all K-12 Students:
Must produce ONE of the following for enrollment:
- Rental/Lease agreement – current or recently signed in parent/guardian name and a current PG&E or utility bill in the parent/guardian name
- Property tax receipts for the current residence
- Mortgage statements in parent/guardian name. If the home is under construction a title/deed or signed sales or purchase agreement in parent/guardian’s name will be accepted. Additionally, a current PG&E, utility bill that indicates location of service, or a mortgage payment must be presented to the school within six months