Registration old

How to Register

Kindergarten Registration
If your child will turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021, you may register him/her for the 2021-2022 school year.

Transitional Kindergarten Registration
If your child will turn 5 years old on or between September 2, 2021 and December 2, 2021, you may register him/her for the 2021-2022 school year.

Kindergarten Students

Kindergarten and Transitional Kindergarten Registration begins the first two weeks of February
Please visit our School Site Locator on our website to determine your nearest neighborhood school. 

Enrollment decisions should be made in the best educational interest of your child. In addition to your neighborhood school, the Lodi Unified School District offers a variety of programs that appeal to students’ interests and talents. If you are moving to the Lodi Unified School District and either have a child who will soon enter kindergarten or have children already in school, below is important information about registering your child for school. You may register your child for the current school year at any time after you have established residency within the district boundaries.

Step 1: Determine your child’s educational needs and objectives

What is your child’s age?

Step 2: Become familiar with your neighborhood boundary area. Use our online school boundary locator to identify your home school.

Boundary Information page

Step 3: Pick up and complete a registration packet, review your registration checklist and submit registration materials to your nearest neighborhood school.

Registration packets are available at all LodiUSD schools. Your home school can provide you with a registration packet.

Required Documents

  • Birth Certificate
  • Immunization record
  • Proof of residence within the district*
  • All students entering 7th grade will need to provide proof that they have received an adolescent pertussis (whooping cough) booster shot (Tdap) prior to starting school.

* Residence Documents Required for Initial Enrollment for all K-12 Students:

Must produce ONE of the following for enrollment:

  • Rental/Lease agreement – current or recently signed in parent/guardian name and a current PG&E or utility bill in the parent/guardian name 
  • Property tax receipts for the current residence
  • Mortgage statements in parent/guardian name. If the home is under construction a title/deed or signed sales or purchase agreement in parent/guardian’s name will be accepted. Additionally, a current PG&E, utility bill that indicates location of service, or a mortgage payment must be presented to the school within six months