Grades 1 - 12
Dates for Enrollment and Eligibility for Students Grades 1-12
You may register your child for the current school year at any time. Registration can be done at your child’s home school as soon as residence within the district can be verified. Please visit our School Site Locator to locate your home school.
To register, pick up a registration packet from your home school. The packet will be time-stamped and dated by the school office staff. Return your completed registration packets the first two weeks of February.
Each year, registration is the first two weeks of February.
- On or after the start of registration, pick up a registration packet from your home school. Complete the registration packet, including the required documents listed below.
- Return your completed registration packets as soon as possible.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization record
- Proof of residence within the district*
- All students entering 7th grade will need to provide proof that they have received an adolescent pertussis (whooping cough) booster shot (Tdap) prior to starting school.
* Residence Documents Required for Initial Enrollment for all K-12 Students:
Must produce ONE of the following for enrollment:
- Rental/Lease agreement – current or recently signed in parent/guardian name. Additionally, two consecutive months of a current PG&E or utility bill in the parent/guardian name must be presented to the school within two months
- Property tax receipts for the current residence
- Mortgage statements in parent/guardian name. If the home is under construction a title/deed or signed sales or purchase agreement in parent/guardian’s name will be accepted. Additionally, a current PG&E, utility bill that indicates location of service, or a mortgage payment must be presented to the school within six months
Parents/Guardians seeking more information about the registration process can call their nearest neighborhood school or the district’s Elementary Education office (Grades 1-6) at (209) 331-7257 or the Secondary Education office (Grades 7-12) at (209) 331-7005.
Dental Screenings (Kindergarten Only)
California law requires a dental screening by May 31 of a student’s first year of public school, kindergarten or first grade. The screening must be done by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional within 12 months of enrollment. The screenings will identify children who need further examination and dental treatment. Parents who have questions about the dental screenings can call the District’s Student Support & Health Services Department at (209) 331-7075.
Physical Exam (First Grade Only)
Kindergarten and First Grade Physical Exam State law requires that for each child enrolling in the first grade, the parent or guardian must present a certificate, signed by a physician, verifying that the child has received a physical examination within the last 18 months. These services may be available to you at no cost. You can contact the Stockton Public Health Department at 209-468-3400.