Dates for Enrollment and Eligibility for Kindergarten
If you live within the boundaries of Lodi USD and your child will turn 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018, you may register him/her for the 2018-2019 kindergarten school year.
Registration for Kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year begins the first two weeks of February at your nearest neighborhood elementary school. Please visit our School Site Locator to locate your home school.
To register, pick up a registration packet from your home school. Return your completed registration packets as soon as possible; as we do everything based on the date in which it is turned in.
Each year, registration is the first two weeks of February.
- On or after the start of registration, pick up a registration packet from your home school. Complete the registration packet, including the required documents listed below.
- Return your completed registration packets as soon as possible.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization record
- Proof of residence within the district*
* Residence Documents Required for Initial Enrollment for all K-12 Students:
Must produce ONE of the following for enrollment:
- Rental/Lease agreement – current or recently signed in parent/guardian name. Additionally, two consecutive months of a current PG&E or utility bill in the parent/guardian name must be presented to the school within two months
- Property tax receipts for the current residence
- Mortgage statements in parent/guardian name. If the home is under construction a title/deed or signed sales or purchase agreement in parent/guardian’s name will be accepted. Additionally, a current PG&E, utility bill that indicates location of service, or a mortgage payment must be presented to the school within six months
Parents/Guardians seeking more information about the registration process can call their nearest neighborhood school or call the Elementary Education office at (209) 331-7257.
Dental Screenings (Kindergarten Only)
California law requires a dental screening by May 31 of a student’s first year of public school, kindergarten or first grade. The screening must be done by a licensed dentist or other licensed or registered dental health professional within 12 months of enrollment. The goal of the law is to establish dental care for every child. The screenings will identify children who need further examination and dental treatment. Parents who have questions about the dental screenings can call the Student Support & Health Services Department at (209) 331-7075.
Kindergarten and First Grade Physical Exam State law requires that for each child enrolling in the first grade, the parent or guardian must present a certificate, signed by a physician, verifying that the child has received a physical examination within the last 18 months. For more information, you may contact the Stockton Public Health Department at (209) 468-3400.