- MiFi hotspot
- How does a student obtain a hotspot?
- How does a student connect their hot spot to a device?
- Does the district provided hotspot have a data/time limit?
- Mobile broadband disconnected
- Does the parent have internet Access available at home?
- Yes: Have parent complete Online Data Confirmation Form, see page 6 of documentation.
- No: Please have the student call the school site for instructions on obtaining the hotspot.
The Orbic Hotspot contains a display for navigation.
- To power device on or off, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- To view Wi-Fi name and password, click (Press) the Menu button until you see 2.4ghz or 5ghz Wifi Info then click the Power button to select.
- To charge the Orbic Hotspot, use only the supplied USB cable and power adapter. Allow the hotspot to charge in a cool area away from flammable objects and surfaces.
- Only 6 devices can be connected to the Orbic Hotspot at one time.
To connect the hotspot to a Chromebook:
- Click the time in the bottom-right corner of the Chromebook screen.
- Click the radio symbol and select the access point name as displayed on the Orbic Hotspot.
- Enter the case-sensitive password as displayed on the Orbic Hotspot which is display next to the lock symbol.