Lodi Unified Digital Academy
Students who are motivated to work independently and who have had success in the current Distance Learning Model will thrive in the Lodi Unified Digital Academy.
About the Digital Academy
The Digital Academy is a 100 percent online learning program. It includes both synchronous and asynchronous learning and allows students to engage in a learning process similar to an in-person daily schedule, but in a remote setting.
The content of the Digital Academy is aligned to grade level standards and will provide instruction that is at a level of quality and intellectual challenge substantially equivalent to in-person instruction. Instruction will be provided to students by Lodi USD teachers using Lodi USD adopted curriculum.
The Digital Academy is offered under the umbrella of the District's independent study program. Grades K-6 are offered under the Valley Robotics Academy and grades 7-12 are offered under the Independence School. However, the Digital Academy is a separate program.
The Digital Academy includes, but is not be limited to:
- Interactions, instruction, and check-ins between teachers and students through the use of computer or communications technology.
- Video or audio instruction in which the primary mode of communication between the student and teacher is online interaction, instructional television, video, telecourses, or other instruction that relies on computer or communications technology.
- The use of print materials incorporating assignments that are the subject of written or oral feedback.
- The use of hands on materials, as appropriate.
7-12 grade students remain connected to their neighborhood school and can participate in school activities. Seniors graduate from their neighborhood school.
If you have additional questions, please contact: Dr. Stacy Kahn at email@example.com
- What is the staffing model for the Digital Academy?
- How will classrooms be set up?
- Will there be combination classes?
- Who will serve as the teachers?
- Will all classes be available?
- How limited is space? How many students will be enrolled in each grade level?
- Will high school students be eligible to compete in CIF sports?
- Will there be after school tutoring opportunities?
- Will Digital Academy teachers be separate from the teachers who provide in-person instruction?
If you would like to enroll in the Lodi Digital Academy please contact:
- Valley Robotics Academy
- (209) 331-8008